Monday 1 October 2012






 Matt & Kim album cover styles


To create an album cover in the style of matt & kim, I first found a picture of some buildings I had taken while I was in NYC, as, in their covers, they use a lot of buildings as a basis. 


And then using photoshop, changed the contrast, brightness and saturation of the buildings, while, using a separate layer, made the entire image black and white. I then, using a pen tablet removed some of the black and white effect, to create the "messy" style evident in the other album covers.


Then by separating parts of the image and brightening them, I created a unorganised patchwork pattern in the blue of the image.
Also, by adding more lines and effects to the image I attempted to make the album cover busy like the originals.

Using the textures effect on photoshop I finished the albums messy background.


Finishing adding the title in the font "strungout" as there seems to be no fixed font used for 'matt & kim'.




No comments:

Post a Comment